Yes, Football is king in the south but fortunately for us there are other sports at Ole Miss. And in almost every other sport we are succeeding. Let's take a look at 10 things we as Rebel fans have to feel good about.
- This year's class is the #25 class in the nation. (Collegiate Baseball).
- One of only two schools in the country to host a regional in each of the last 4 season
- Advanced to the Super Regionals in the last three seasons
- Most SEC wins in the past 5 years in the conference
- Only school to post wining record in league since 2002
- Upgrading stadium to one of the best in the country
- Andy Kennedy in his first season won the West.
- Season ticket sales are up and the excitement is in the air for the first time in several years.
- A new Basketball practice facility is in the works.
- First NCAA appearance in school history last year.
- Poised to make a second appearance in the NCAA with a current record of 18-5, 8-4 SEC.
- Elite 8 appearance last season.
- Renee Ladner Era begins.
- OOC schedule includes teams from each major conference.
- Ole Miss returns 7 of our 8 top players from last year.
- Six straight SEC West titles
- Sweet 16 last year and ended the season with a #7 ranking.
- Three SEC West titles
- Three NCAA appearances in the past 5 years
Track & Field--
- Both Men's and Women's teams finished the 2007 NCAA Outdoor Championship with their highest rankings in school history. (Men finished 12th, Women 27th)
- Kirui won the national championship in the Men's 3,000 meter Steeplechase.
- Ole Miss men have won back to back tournaments for the first time since 1985.
- Our campus is one of the most beautiful in the country. The beauty, safety and host city all make Ole Miss an easy sell to recruits.
Alumni-- We Alumni who are currently playing in professional sports that focus the national sportlight on Ole Miss.
- Eli Manning
- Seth Smith
- Patrick Willis
- Deuce McAllister