22 July 2007

Ole Miss: I'm keeping a list.

Ole Miss is a favorite this year. An easy favorite for last in the SEC west among sports writers around the country. (and some of our own fans) Many have us picked to only win one SEC game. Not sure if that game is Vandy or State.

What many fail to remember is that we were a few points away from beating some very good teams last year. A few points from going to a Bowl.

Now, don't get me wrong. I believe we are a few more recruiting seasons away from being a Solid Top 25 team. However, I do believe we might surprise a few folks.

With this in mind. I've decided to keep a list of those who are down on us Rebs.

First on the list : Darren Epps (E-mail) of Chattanooga Times Free Press.

Epps picks Ole Miss dead last in the SEC west. He predicts we will only win one game in the SEC. Here is what he says "The Rebels, on one magical day, will put all that young talent together and stun someone. It was nearly LSU at Tiger Stadium last year. I'm predicting a win at Auburn. And when it doesn't happen, send a message to the e-mail below and address it to "Moron." " ...."Here’s a prediction we can all agree on: That won’t happen. The Bulldogs will upset Kentucky and defeat Ole Miss at home in the Egg Bowl (presented by Ambien ?), which could determine which team finishes with an egg in the SEC win column. "

I'll give Epps credit. He did remember that we almost upset LSU at Tiger Stadium.

I hope this list will turn out to be an invitation to a nice crow dinner.

If you would like a name on the list, let me know.

No comments:

Google Search

Google