09 July 2008

How we are perceived: ACC : Miami

Let's take a look at what Miami's and Virginia fans said about Ole Miss and the SEC.

Miami:

(1) What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Ole Miss?

Rebels?-Raleigh2Miami

Southern poon-tang (after reading "Meat Market")-justingregg

Persecution-mcanes

Good Ole Mississippi- The name says it all. Not meaning to be close minded-SouthfloridaMIA

The little downtown 'square' (but i have been there)---blond hot girls-IbisHawk

I think of the Deep South and the girls from the Deep South.-3FW

The grove and the quote "at Ole Miss they redshirt Miss America's"-letsgobaby

Tradition, Southern hospitality.-GMUCane

Great looking women and lots of bourbon.-fishnchipper

I think of the girls from my home area who went away there for college and how everyone said they were going for their 'MRS' degree. And I think of people I didn't get along with in high school. Cigarettes. Jeans frayed at the bottoms. Striped polo shirts and a ball cap on every single white guys head. -CaneEmpire

These hot chicks that I played craps with in Biloxi. -LatinCane

(2) What are your feelings about Ole Miss?

Too many spoiled frat boys, Southern blue-bloods, and dainty debutantes-Raleigh2Miami

No feelings really.-justingregg

No fellings-mcanes

I think Mississippi-SouthfloridaMIA

Love it. underachieving in all sports-IbisHawk

Can't say that I have any.-3FW

Indifferent-letsgobaby

No problems with Ole Miss.-GMUCane

I went to school in Memphis, and thought Ole Miss would have been a fun place to go to school. Can't say anything negative about the place.-fishnchipper

No real feelings at all. I wouldn't fit in there and have no desire to ever go there. -CaneEmpire

I used to love watching them when my buddy Corey Philpot played for them. -LatinCane

(3) Would you like to play us in football or basketball in the future?

No. Rather play UF or UT in football. Probably basketball.-Raleigh2Miami

Rather play you in football so as to guarantee a win.-justingregg

Sure, you can add baseball as well. -mcanes

Sure I don't mind UM playing anyone, anywhere, anytime.-SouthfloridaMIA

no-IbisHawk

Absolutely, any BCS conference home and home is desirable IMO.-3FW

Why not. -letsgobaby

Sure - my alma mater (George Mason) has played you in hoops...1-1 series record, we traded road wins, if i remember correctly.-GMUCane

Sure, why not.-fishnchipper

Sure. Love idea of our football team playing them or similar teams.-CaneEmpire

Why not. We seem to have to play you in baseball every couple of years in the NCAA playoffs. -LatinCane

(4)What do you think about the SEC in general?

Good conference-Raleigh2Miami

The SEC is a tough conference but overrated.-justingregg

Over rated, big time-mcanes

filthy cheaters in football....but everyone does it, so in a sense that makes it ok. sec kids go to sec schools for a rea$on-IbisHawk

Outside of the cheating, a great conference, with great venues.-3FW

Great conference, tailgaiting, and football.-letsgobaby

SEC is a great conference with great tradition...but as other have pointed out, not the greatest on the academic discipline thing.-GMUCane

Great conference for athletics.-fishnchipper

SEC is a powerhouse conference. Big time revenues and stadiums and support. Rabid fans.-CaneEmpire

I like the SEC, I have no issues with the conference. -LatinCane

(5) Have you ever visited Oxford on game day? If yes, what was your experience? If no, what have you heard about our gameday experience?

No. Heard it was fun and nice though-Raleigh2Miami

Never been to Oxford, originally thought you guys played in England. "Meat Market" made it sound like the Grove is nice with the women andtailgating.-justingregg

No never visited. Never heard anything about the experience.-SouthfloridaMIA

One of the 10 best places to tailgate. not a great stadium. beautiful campus though.-IbisHawk

No, I'm sure it's a great time.-3FW

Not yet, but I will.-letsgobaby

No, but I'd like to. I've heard about it, traditional white table cloth meals at tailgate, belongings are left at tailgate site with no fear of them being stolen, etc. Tailgates are similar at my father's D-III school (Hampden-Sydney College).-GMUCane

Yes, and the experience was great. I thought the coat/ties/dresses was a bit much for 90 degree days, but it was nothing a ton of bourbon couldn't cure. Certainly one of my top gameday experiences.-fishnchipper

Nope. Only thing I've heard about gameday came from people I used to know who went there for college. They described it as people getting pumped up early in the season (or early on in games) and then losing interest and going and getting drunk somewhere else.-CaneEmpire

I would love to be part of it. The girl watching alone would be worth it. -LatinCane

Posters from:

CaneSport (Rivals)
Canes Time (Scout)

Virginia:
Not many fans from Virginia took part in the survey. This was the smallest group of responses I've ever gotten. Of course part of it may have been due to the fact that I was denied access to the Scouth Virginia message board.

(1) What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Ole Miss?

I dated a girl who went to Ole Miss, so that's the first thing I think of.-HooPerk

never given them a thought-daverickart

(2) What are your feelings about Ole Miss?

I don't really have feelings one way or another. UVA has never had any connection to Ole Miss at all, I've never been there, and I've only known one person who went to school there. I've been told that Ole Miss is to Mississippi State as UVA is to Virginia Tech, though.-HooPerk

(3) Would you like to play us in football or basketball in the future?

I always like playing against BCS-affiliated teams that we have a reasonable shot at beating. Good for prestige and conference pride.-HooPerk

(4)What do you think about the SEC in general?

It's certainly the best conference in college football, though I don't believe the margin between it and the rest of the pack is as great as some make it out to be. I also have a real problem with the large number of programs in the SEC that play loosely with NCAA rules.HooPerk

(5) Have you ever visited Oxford on game day? If yes, what was your experience? If no, what have you heard about our gameday experience?

I've never been, but I've heard about the pre-game tailgating on the quad with all the tents and everything. It sounds like a very cool environment. If we ever do schedule a football series with Ole Miss, I will probably try to go.-HooPerk

Poster from Cavs Corner (Rivals)





No comments:

Google Search

Google